Monday, July 11, 2011

Off to the Races

I went to a local dragstrip yesterday, Kil-Kare Speedway, Xenia, OH where there is a cart track and an oval. I'm guessing it's a 1/4 miler since it is pretty much all turn and high banked. In the bottom is a flat oval with an X crossing thru it and some added asphalt in one area. I believe this area might be used in demolition derbies, busses and the like.

Local car clubs rent this area for what is called autocrossing or autox. This one was put on by the Corvette Club of Troy, Ohio. It was open to all cars so there were Subaru's, VW turbo Beetles and Honda S2000's as well as the iron horses of Chevrolet.

I took over 200 pictures and some videos. I have put 4 vids up on my FB page and I will put a picture here. The car is a Mazda that my son-in-law is driving but it isn't him that is important. It's the billboard that is edited.

No comments: