Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Interruption of a Project for Cindy

It started out with a piece of wood, a deck board to be precise.  It was to be from an old skid but I didn't have enough left from my last endeavor so I made do.  I ripped it down in length and then routed the edges for the fence look.  Won't do that again, made it hard to paint and draw on.  I cut 18 1/2 x 7/8" dowels and drilled 35 precisely located holes in the edges of the boards.  Using a runner piece from the last skid material I made the cross piece for the hat by splitting it.  I took the pieces out to a tree in the back yard to paint. 

 This is when things turned a little weird.  While walking back to the garage I found my legs very heavy and I was short of breathe.  I told Cindy and we agreed that I should make a doctors appointment, especially since it has been going on for a week or so but not any where near as bad.  Doctors appoint would be 10/21/16.   It was however getting more persistent.  After lunch I went back out to check the paint and touch up anything that needed it.  Just walking about 70' became a big issue.  Cindy came to the garage door and I told her we better go to the hospital, I couldn't wait until Friday.  So off to Kettering Medical Center we went.  I was admitted and ended up have three out of 4 major type of tests ran, all came back clear.  They did not do a cath job on me.  What I did get was this great view.

So we are now at the point of completion. As you can see, it's reversible, pretty neat eh!  Oh, and now I have a new supply of poplar from a skid that my neighbor brought to me.  Much easier to work with.  Now all I need is an idea and a plan of attack.  Oh, I do have a project in the works, one that my daughter is going to assist me with in part.  Also need that neighbor because there is a point of needing a third and maybe a forth hand.  I've been at it for a couple of months now.  I'm not a true scale person with some projects but this one needs to be a bit closer than what I had to work with...basically two pages of here's an idea, go with it.  Oh well.  Happy fall and then you have that frosty guy right behind. 


No comments: