Thursday, February 19, 2009

Done!





Well, two years after moving in I finally finished the 1/2 bath that was roughed in when the house was built. You would have to look back in this blog to see some of the things that went on and how I finished some of the work. The builder made mistakes that were major in how the room ended up. The offsets drove me nuts because they would not have been needed if the builder had done it correctly in the first place. I guess I should have caught it but being in the basement with limited lighting it is easy to overlook some items. This is one I didn't imagine would happen. In the future I know who will be doing the measuring.

The room turned out fine and no one will be the wiser. It actually looks like it was planned for things to fit like they do, for the sink to have its own wall space, the toilet to have its own space and then the place for the table and lamp. This area could be converted into a closet, however, we plan on finding a piece of furniture that will serve as storage for towels and or out of season items.

Bottom line now is I just added a lot of value to the house for under $300, I don't have to run upstairs anymore and it's done.

























No comments: