Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trying

I guess I'm just cheap.  For the past two days or so, seems like 24 hrs. a day, I have been trying to figure out how to convert a VHS tape to DVD.  I have a VCR to play the tape, a DVD recorder to record something with and a Digital 8 Handycam from Sony.  I have tried to put the VHS straight thru to the DVD, no luck.  I have tried to record from the VCR to the Sony Camcorder with the same luck.  A neighbor gave me a little black box with cable ports in one end and a USB + the disc to load and the computer sees the "new hardware but then it doesn't recognize the command to copy.  That should bring up another window to let me specify the camera.  Seems like all I do is go round and round.  I don't want to buy any thing because all I have is one tape to record.  It was made by Click Camera of about 20 8mm reels of film.  You know the ones, anyone want to look at family movies?

I'm going to give it a try some more and then break down and take it in to Click if I can't get it.  Very frustrating.  My office looks like some sort of electronic geeks place.  Two computers going, monitors, printers VCR and DVD players and recorders as well as still and video cameras sitting around.  Cables hanging everywhere.  Driving me nuts.

Hello, Click?

No comments: