Sunday, December 29, 2013

Some Macro Photography Experiments

My better half just had a hip replaced.  She received some flowers for her recovery so I thought I would take the opportunity to use the flowers for some photography trials.  I wanted to see what I could do with my Tamron 18-270mm lens.  Here are six that I took.  They were sitting in a room that is lit only with a chandelier that has 60 60watt clear candle shaped lamps.  I did not use a flash, I hate flash pictures unless it is added light in the daytime.  Just my likes, not an opinion.  F-stops were either f-6.3 or f-11.  focal lengths were 270mm except for one which was 91mm.  Shutter speed was either 1/13 sec or 1/20 sec.  Tripod and timer of 2 sec. plus mirror was in locked up position.  ISO ranged from 1250 to 5000.  Manual focus was the norm and was used in setting the blur effect.  Picture number two was set to monochrome in the camera.  Enjoy and enlarge if so desired.







No comments: