Monday, August 29, 2011

Learning PSE, CS5.1, LR3

I have all these Adobe, PSE 8, CS5 and LR3 tutorial videos on my desktop. I get books from the local library and have gone to one seminar on Photoshop at the library. I bought the For Dummies on PSE8 and marked it up like I was going to be given a test at the end of the quarter. A neighbor has it now and I'll bet she is trying to dodge my markings as well as read through them.

I like to set the laptop up on the desk next to the desktop and play the video on one and open one of the programs on the other to just work along. I'm a hands on learner. You can't just tell me 2+2=4, I have to see it and sometimes ask why. That was always a good one in school. It's called stump the teacher.

I did this picture several times but I was trying to learn the process on one computer, stopping and starting the individual programs.  There are only three layers outside of the background with a handful of sub steps. I got it but I had to substitute a paint step for the yellow when it was suppose to be a "fill" step of the foreground color that had been picked. It all came out but it took me way too long to get it. I can say that since it took so many times that I probably won't forget it.

This is a picture on my daughter and son-in-law about 10 years ago at the Mid-Ohio race course in Lexington, OH. It was my fathers day present.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am a hands on learner myself. I love to play around with photos and create. Much better than listening to someone talk about it.

Birdman said...

Computer-eese(word? sp?) just gives me a headache. But love the photo. Varooooom!

Anonymous said...

Nice post.