Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Begining of 2015

It's here, 2015.  At this time last year we had and had had snow on the ground for well over a month.  Started a little after Halloween and kept on going until very late March.  This winter seemed like it was going to start the same way with a big arctic blast and snow in early November.

No snow for Christmas, the only day it's needed, and the weather hasn't been all that cold until just the last few days.  All I can say to that is, it's winter.

So, for the next couple of months this is what most people in this area will see....gray skies, foliage with out color and a limited amount of wildlife, even though I just built a pretty simple but nice bird feeder.  This particular bush has purple berries that will dry out during the winter and then in late March will become food for the birds.  There is color, even in the cold mid-west air.  I will find it and show it off.

I do know where some of the wildlife (geese) went.....south to Florida.  They're at my brother place.
I have photographic evidence.  He can keep them for pets.


No comments: